By day it's all about clean yet voluminous silhouettes, and earthy '70s colour palettes. Look for:
- High waisted wide-leg pants or flares, smartly belted in.
- Neat bow-blouses, especially ones with billowing or bishop sleeves. Particularly great are fabrics like silk and satin.
- Roll neck sweaters tucked into pants or skirts. Add to the '70s effect by layering over beaded necklaces or a vest.
- For those more daring, a pair of hot pants are the ultimate '70s item.
- A smart printed jumpsuit is another great alternative.
'70s sophistication by nightBy night the '70s sophisticate turns into the ultimate socialite, with look-at-me shimmering fabrics and cuts that either tightly hug or sensually drape over the body.
- Choose high sheen fabrics with a '70s disco-inspired edge, like lurex or silk; anything with a metallic thread.
- Add a ruffled neckline under a brocade blazer or tuxedo jacket, paired with a sharp pair of pants.
- Long, slinky gowns with draping, low necklines or dress slits are the ultimate in '70s night time glamour.