Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ahmed Albaity Needs Your Help!!

petmir
Where the hell is Doctor House? I think iv been watching too much movies! I would like to belive there is some doctor out there who can fix my friend up! He needs our help. I knew this guy since when i was studying. A sweet and caring guy, neighbour, friend, brother, son, etc to everyone who knew him!
                          
                                                 Ahmed with his friends and family!

                          
Here is a Story about him written by a friend from him;
Im Ahmed Albaity, i was born in 1984. I live in Tanga Tanzania and this is a sad story of my life!
On 6th July 2007  My mother was flying to Abu dhabi so she asked me to accompany her to Dar es salaam airport and left 7th July.
On Sunday 8th July,early in the morning i left Dar and by noon,was already in Tanga.
I was in group known as combat riders where we normally used to go for physical exercise mostly karate and go for a swim.
On the same day i let my friends know that i was back and they immediately organized a walk to the shores of the Indian ocean where we normally do our martial arts( karate).So i got myself ready and met my friends there at 5pm.we went straight to Raskazone Swimming Club ready for a warm up swim.
I had this feeling of not going for a swim that day, besides i was a bit tired since i had a long journey hours ago. But as u know friends always so insisting,i decided to join them and didnt want to let them down. As people say cold water can bring back unconcious to concious ( in short make you active), Which was true and i felt active again. Sometimes later we decided to do diving tricks.
Since there wasn't any wall or diving boards, ,so we thought that one should climb over one's shoulders and take a dive. I went first and did great and so our karate teacher asked me to go for the second time so that the others would learn from me.This time i went faster n harder than before.
                                      
                                                    ( two weeks after his accident)
I didnt see it coming, i badly hit my head to the ocean floor since we were diving into shallow water. And all of the sudden i felt my whole body being electrified.while still in the water and concious, i tried to swim off the water but my hands couldn't move, not knowing what to do, i again tried to move myself but my whole body including my legs failed me.that was when i realized that i was badly hurt and couldn't save myself.
So i was lying there faced down like a floating thing. A friend thought i was teasing them so he came pulling me by the arm while telling others to get ready for their turn. Seeing me not responding, its when they  realized  i wasn't joking at all, then he came and tried to stood me up but i was too slippery, he couldnt held me up .
I felt my body being disconnected from my mind. Seeing me at that condition, he got scared too, i told him with this really low voice how bad im hurt and couldnt move my body.From the tone of my voice, it was clear that i wasn't okay.
From there,the rest of my friends and other people carried me out of water and took me straight to Bombo hospital,one and only regional hospital here in Tanga.
On the way to the hospital i asked my friends not to mention a thing to my mother,
mostly i feared that she might not only take it well or get a  heart attack.
At Bombo hospital,they examined me and realized that the situation was critical and therefore i had to be transfered to Muhimbili hospital(National hospital ) in Dar es salaam. On Monday afternoon i was on my way to Dar es salaam ,at that moment couldn't feel my body and couldn't move even a finger. Around 11 pm we were already in Muhimbili.The doctors started doing traction procedures right away.They put around my  head a heavy objects of 14 kg purposely for pulling out my neck. I stayed with those 14 kg for two weeks.
Then they removed them. I didn't expect to be hurt this bad. I had thought that once the traction procedure had been conducted i would walk again! But no. All this time my mum had not been informed. When she called  i decided to tell her what really happened and let her know that my whole body was paralized.( quadriplegia) my mother was really shocked and cried a lot and so did my other relatives and friend. I stayed in Muhimbili for two months without any minor recovery.
Since my family was financially weak and couldn't afford the costs ,i had to be returned to Tanga. After one month, my family got some sponsors who willingly flew me to India. On the 1.01.2008, when i got there the doctors did neck surgery and that is when my voice came louder than before, and normal.This really gave me hope that somehow i will be okay, but couldn't give it a hundred percent.They also succeeded to treat the bed sores that were as a result of sleeping for a long time without moving.But the rest of my body was functionless.
In India i was admitted in SAIFEE hospital in Mumbai where i stayed for 24 days. From there i was, returned back to Tanzania to proceed with treatment and physical exercise(Physiotherapy), i was told to return to India after six months time but like i said before, we didnt have money to go there, so i coulnt go.
As for my sponsors,they refused as they noticed that there wasnt any positive development on my body, others even dared to say "why should we waste our money on someone who will never be up again?" Back here in Tanga i got seriously sick. That is when i was taken to Kilimanjaro Christian Medical Centre(KCMC) in Moshi. Dr. Maya who is in the Orthopaedic department took me  in on the 26th August 2008. I stayed there getting treatment mostly on malaria and bed sores. While i was there, Dr. Maya said that there is a possibility for me to be treated and so he told me to contact Dr. Chefarzt Dogmaskopp who is in Berlin Germany in VIVANTES KLINIKUM IN FRIEDRICHSHAIN.
According to that doctor, the cost for treatment in Germany is extremely high.
I cant afford to pay for my own treatment, right now i have lost hope. I wish good summaritans volunteer to help me get the treatment required, and Insha'allah God,the almighty will bless them in whatever they touch.
All i can say to whoever reads this,i am a helpless person in everything: eating,bathing,tending myself and other physical activities.
I hope there are good ,caring and loving people out there who would love to see or hear that i have recovered completely. Your prayers are also important.
Whoever would like to help in anyway,would contact me through the email address:
ahmedalbaity84@hotmail.com.
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
my account details are as follows
EXIM BANK (TANZANIA) LTD
TANGA BRANCH
Account name : AHMED ABDULRAHMAN AND ALWIYA AHMED
Account number: 5759819208

if u want to via M-PESA , u can send to this mobile number
+255 715 681380

2 comments:

  1. This seems like an old post, but were they able to raise funds for his treatment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, They have raised some money! He was taken to Germany for treatment! He is not well Yet!!!

    ReplyDelete

,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...